Low Level Light Therapy can reduce joint pain & arthritis pain.
Dr. Perkins utilizes Low Level Light Therapy to specifically address the symptoms caused by inflammation of the joints.
Do you suffer from joint disease?
If you do, not only are you affected by pain at the site of the joint; but chances are your mobility and function are significantly impaired. Often, an individual who suffers from joint disease has limited ability to walk. Low Level Light Therapy can help.
A joint is the region of your skeleton where bones come together (articulate). There are more than 300 joints in your body. Some joints allow for a high degree of mobility (e.g. elbow); while others are relatively fixed (e.g. skull bones). The major joints of your body are: (Note: spine is addressed in a separate section):
Joints are composed of a combination of the following:
- Cartilage: tough and flexible connective tissue which covers and protects the ends of long bones at the joint.
- Synovial Fluid and Synovial Membrane (present in some joints): synovial membrane lines certain joints, sealing it into a joint capsule. The synovial membrane secretes a viscous fluid (synovial fluid) which serves to lubricate the joint.
- Ligaments: fibrous tissue which links bones together.
- Tendons: connect bone to muscle.
- Bursa: fluid-filled sac between bones and tendons which help cushion the joint. Reduces friction and enhances mobility.
Joint Pain may result from direct or indirect injury to the joint; or it can result from a chronic condition known as Arthritis (which is inflammation of the joints). There are over 100 different medical conditions which are associated with arthritis. Examples include: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, Psoriatic Arthritis, Lupus. Joint pain results from a combination of the following physiological processes:
- Inflammation of the bursa
- Inflammation of the tendon
- Wearing away of the cartilage of the joint (causing bone to rub against bone)
- Ligament injury (sprain). Commonly occurs when a joint is twisted while bearing some weight. Typically occurs at the ankle, knee, wrist.
- Muscle Injury (strain). Occurs when too much force is placed on a muscle. Severe strains may result in muscle tearing.
The symptoms of joint injury/inflammation include the following:
- pain at the level of the joint
- muscle spasm
- joint stiffness
- decreased range of motion of the joint
- joint deformity can occur over time
Other Symptoms that Laser Therapy may Alleviate
Migraines and Low Level Light Therapy Migraines are a Complex Neural-Vascular Syndrome and More than Just a Headache Migraine is more than just a headache; it is a complex neural-vascular pain syndrome (this means that the nervous system, as well as the...read more
Low Level Light Therapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Relief for CFS and the symptoms associated. As a physician, I have found that one of the most common symptoms reported to me by my patients is fatigue. Fatigue is associated with many underlying...read more
Manage Neuropathy & Debilitating Nerve Pain With Low Level Light Therapy There's an all natural, holistic solution to painful burning and electrical shock-like sensations from Neuropathy Neuropathy can intrude into one’s life and cause pain at every...read more
Laser Therapy Provides Natural Remedies for Allergies and Asthma Help your quality of life by reducing or removing your allergy and asthma symptoms Allergy, which is caused by an over-reaction of the immune system to a substance which is harmless to most people, leads...read more
Sleep Disorder can cause a multitude of ailments Illuminant Being and Wellness can help you achieve a better night’s sleep. Sleep restores health and well-being to your body. Not only is it important that an individual gets the proper…read more
Do you suffer from joint disease? If you do, not only are you affected by pain at the site of the joint; but chances are your mobility and function are significantly impaired. There’s an answer.read more
Neck and back pain can be truly debilitating. Chances are that if you are reading this, you have been dealing with pain which is significantly impacting the quality of your life. There is good news.read more